The Internet, broadcasting, media, wireless and a broad range of other technology keep people connected and allow business to operate in the 21st Century. Rimon’s partners in the communications practice team have extensive experience in all these parts of the communications industry, particularly the businesses that carry the information upon which we rely on a day-to-day basis. The members of Rimon’s team have successfully advised clients on complex transactions, including regulatory matters before the Federal Communications Commission, as well as represented them in litigation in the courts and administrative agencies and in public advocacy before Congress and the FCC.
The range of matters in which Rimon’s partners have worked includes:
- Representing a cable television company in connection with its formation, private equity funding, acquisition of various cable television systems and ultimate sale to a large communications corporation
- Serving as lead counsel to a major cable television news channel in significant litigation before the FCC involving questions of potential anti-competitive behavior by a major Internet Service Provider and cable television operator.
- Advising a communications tower company that owned, operated and managed tower sites serving the wireless telecom and broadcasting industries in connection with its reorganization and $25 million private placement of equity securities.
- Closing multiple acquisitions and sales of TV and radio stations, as well as assisting station owners in obtaining all required regulatory approvals.
- Advising a major multiple radio ownership group on all aspects of FCC regulation, including representation before the U.S. Courts of Appeal in cases involving FCC interpretations of ownership rules and contested transactions.
- Counseling a wireless telecommunications company in financing growth throughout its life cycle, including a $50 million private placement of equity securities and its eventual sale for $280 million.
- Negotiating for a wireless communications company a complicated settlement of litigation involving two U.S. bankruptcy courts, U.S. Department of Justice, the FCC and numerous private parties.
- Represented a private mobile telecommunications consulting firm with nearly $8 million in financing, including its initial seed and angel rounds, and its private placement of convertible bridge notes
- Developing and implementing a strategy for radio broadcast applicants and led team that successfully lobbied for amendment of Communications Act that permitted settlement of numerous cases long held up at the FCC.
Related Practice Areas
+ Click on any of the areas below to expand
Attorneys in Rimon’s Telecommunications Team