Private Investment Funds
Rimon advises sponsors of private investment funds across a wide spectrum of asset classes, investment strategies and delivery vehicles, including:
- Hedge funds that engage in long short, global macro, event-driven, multi-strategy, market neutral, relative value and commodities strategies.
- Private equity funds.
- Funds of funds and master feeder funds.
- Venture capital funds.
- Leveraged buyout funds.
- Real estate funds.
- Charitable funds.
- Family office funds.
- Special purpose investment vehicles.
We counsel private fund sponsors on structuring, operational and distribution matters, including:
- Conditions to the availability of exclusions from the 1940 Act.
- Application of ERISA's plan assets regulation to various fund structures.
- ERISA issues related to seeding investment funds with employer 401(k) and IRA accounts.
- Negotiation of key service provider agreements, including advisory agreements, administration agreements, custody agreements; prime brokerage agreements and placement agency agreements.
We partner closely with local counsel in offshore jurisdictions to ensure efficient and well-coordinated new fund launches.
Our attorneys have worked on the following transactions:
- Structured and documented a wide variety of hedge funds employing complex capitalization structures and profit allocations.
- Structured and documented a Cayman Islands-domiciled credit opportunities fund operating as an ERISA plan assets vehicle for a U.S. registered investment adviser.
- Launch of master feeder and funds of funds that invest in underlying alternative investment funds across a wide range of hedge fund and private equity fund strategies.
- Pioneered use of Delaware Series LLCs to provide flexibility to multi-fund structures.
Rimon Attorneys With Expertise in Private Investment Funds Include: