Rimon’s Real Estate attorneys have decades of domestic and international experience in real estate development, acquisitions, finance, and leases. They work closely with Rimon’s tax, corporate, litigation, financial services, and private client teams to ensure a full spectrum of efficient representation for the issue at hand.
Our attorneys are versed in every aspect of real estate transactions, regardless of size. Their multiple decades worth of experience in real estate include:
- Buying and selling real estate
- Commercial real estate development
- Lease agreements
- International joint ventures
- Land use and entitlement
- Real estate corporate services
- Workouts of troubled loans and distressed asset
- Retail and consumer services
- Lending and investment issues
They have worked on matters spread across multiple jurisdictions, for both multinational corporations and smaller businesses, such as:
- Residential real estate developments in Mexico, structuring, negotiating and documenting joint ventures, land acquisition and title insurance, financing and counseling in tax and land use matters;
- Private placements for Morgan Stanley and Bain Capital in several real estate funds involving 160 countries;
- Multi-jurisdictional secured financing project in Latin America, including Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, Colombia, Uruguay, Paraguay, Chile, and Central American countries, using various security instruments such as pagares (promissory notes), pledges, mortgages, and trusts;
- Acquisition of $30 million office building in Burbank, California;
- Represent lender in $60 million facility to provide working capital and take out senior lender in premier resort in Los Cabos;
- Review and negotiation of lease agreements for corporate clients throughout the United States.
- Representation of lender in negotiation of forbearance and modification agreements relating to real property secured loans of $122 million, and intercreditor and co-lender agreements for B-Notes and mezzanine debt.
- Represented the court-appointed receiver in the sale of a 61-unit condominium project for $20 million.
Related Practice Areas
+ Click on any of the areas below to expand
- Pre-litigation Counseling
- Class Actions
- Government Civil Proceedings
- Internal Compliance Litigation
- Licensure Disputes and Proceedings
- Managed Care Network Disputes
- Pharmaceutical Pricing Litigation
- Services Contract Disputes
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Expert Witness Services
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Proceedings, including arbitration and mediation
- All Stages of Litigation, including trial, as well as appellate proceedings
- Gift tax minimization through GRATs, family limited partnerships and other structures
- Dynasty trust planning to avoid estate tax in successive generations
- Income tax minimization through charitable remainder trusts and direct gifts to private family foundations
- Preparation of estate tax returns and gift tax returns
- Foreign Trade & Commerce
- International Compliance
- International Joint Ventures
- Lending & Investment Issues
- Overseas Distribution Agreements
- Real Estate
- Workouts of Distressed Assets
Rimon advises sponsors of private investment funds across a wide spectrum of asset classes, investment strategies and delivery vehicles, including:
- Hedge funds that engage in long short, global macro, event-driven, multi-strategy, market neutral, relative value and commodities strategies.
- Private equity funds.
- Funds of funds and master feeder funds.
- Venture capital funds.
- Leveraged buyout funds.
- Real estate funds.
- Charitable funds.
- Family office funds.
- Special purpose investment vehicles.
We counsel private fund sponsors on structuring, operational and distribution matters, including:
- Conditions to the availability of exclusions from the 1940 Act.
- Application of ERISA's plan assets regulation to various fund structures.
- ERISA issues related to seeding investment funds with employer 401(k) and IRA accounts.
- Negotiation of key service provider agreements, including advisory agreements, administration agreements, custody agreements; prime brokerage agreements and placement agency agreements.
We partner closely with local counsel in offshore jurisdictions to ensure efficient and well-coordinated new fund launches.
- Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Securities Regulation and Corporate Governance
- Structured Finance
- Initial Public Offerings
- Secondary Public Offerings
- 1934 Exchange Act Reporting
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Irrevocable Children's Trusts
- Generation Skipping Trusts
- Family Limited Partnerships
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Estate & Gift Tax Minimization
- Private Family Foundations
- Asset Protection
- Family Business Planning
Attorneys in Rimon’s Real Estate Team
Real Estate, International, Corporate
Susan F. Klein
International, Tax, Financial Services, Real Estate, Private Client, Technology
Robert Q. Lee
Corporate, International, Real Estate, Financial Services, Sports, Entertainment, and Recreation
Real Estate, Restructuring, Litigation
Real Estate, Corporate, Restructuring, Technology, Universities and Endowments, International