Trusts and Estates
Rimon’s Trusts and Estates team specializes in estate planning for high net worth individuals, including entrepreneurs, executives, owners of closely held businesses, real estate developers and physicians.
Our team’s success is built upon a true client-first approach, as our attorneys help clients prepare customized estate plans involving:
- Generation-skipping trusts,
- Charitable remainder trusts,
- Charitable lead trusts,
- Family limited partnerships,
- Family limited liability companies,
- Grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs),
- Irrevocable insurance trusts,
- Private family foundations
- And many additional related matters.
Our attorneys also assist surviving spouses, children, successor trustees, and executors in the administration of trusts and estates following a death. They have assisted clients in such involved cases as:
- Developed a strategy to transfer $75 million of family legacy real estate to a dynasty trust without incurring gift tax, and fully covered by generation skipping tax exemption. The dynasty trust will protect that real estate from estate tax, creditor claims and divorce claims in perpetuity.
- Worked with venture capital partners to transfer carried interests to irrevocable children's trusts at the beginning of the fund when those interests were of modest value, and watched those interests grow in value to more than $10 million, thereby transferring significant wealth while using minimal gift tax exemption.
- Developed multiple term of years flip charitable remainder trust strategy to hold extensive position in large public company that was a possible hostile acquisition target, so that client could (a) benefit the client's private foundation when he chose by terminating one or more of the trusts early in whole or in part; (b) get the stock into a structure which would avoid capital gains tax on a sudden forced sale in a hostile acquisition; and (c) still give the client the right to cash flow from one or more of the trusts if he decided he needed it, by triggering the flip mechanism.
Rimon Attorneys With Expertise in Trusts and Estates Include: